Friday, September 4, 2015

There will be many first for me this year, so I apologize now for the over usage of the phrase.

The week began with locker distribution.  The 6th graders were incredibly excited by this event.  I think I saw some students take on and off their locks multiple times just to make sure it all worked.


7th and 8th grade students also selected their EXCEL class this week.  This change will begin Tuesday. That way, you will be able to follow your child's actual schedule next week for Back-to-School (BTS) Night.  Since I mentioned BTS, don't forget to copy your child's schedule, with room numbers, before you come.

Also during EXCEL this week, the school practiced many safety drills.  Drills like what to do if there was a fire, an intruder, and/or bad weather.  Please know that if you are on campus during these times, you must participate as well.  Schools are required to practice these types of drills monthly.  Sometimes they are planned but other times that aren't.  Must future drills won't be planned so that if an actual emergency happens, we will all be prepared.

It was also the first volleyball games of the season.  The girls did a great job.  I was quite impressed by their skill level.  I don't think that I could be a server.  My ball would never go over the net!  It was a win for both the 7A and 8A teams and very close games for the other two teams.



Thank you to all of those that came to my Principal's Coffee.  These informal meeting are the first Friday of each month starting at 8:30.

A huge thank you goes out to our wonderful PTA.  It was also Popcorn Friday.  I realize it is just popcorn but it tastes like the best popcorn in the world!  Of course, when it's popped fresh by moms and we can put all types of toppings on it from Cajun salt to chocolate, how could it not be awesome!
Don't forget that next week is BTS Night.  Times for each grade level are on the website.  If at all possible, carpooling and walking would help with traffic.  Each group meets in the gym first.

Monday is Labor Day and a student holiday, so have a great long weekend!